This composition was written by my P3 E-learning student. She has been steadily improving over the past 3 months and I am very pleased with her latest composition. The topic was a Birthday Party and like any composition based on the theme of happiness, conjuring up a setting and characters that evoke joy and celebration are essential.
Below I have highlighted the words and phrases she has used to convey this.
Model composition illustration
A Birthday Party model composition
I celebrated my 8th birthday on the 25th of December with my family and friends. It was a memorable party and I will fondly remember it for a long time. At the dawn of the beautiful day, my mother sent me out for a few errands. When I came back, my house was beautifully decorated with colourful heart-shaped balloons and streamers hanging from the fan to the four corners of the room. I was elated to see a Christmas tree which my father had bought for my birthday as I was born on Christmas day.
I believed that the surprise decorations was my birthday surprise but actually my friends and relatives were hiding in my room. Jumping out, they shouted, “Happy Birthday Shri Kutty!” The wishes hung in the air and I embraced them warmly. I was truly on cloud nine. I could not contain my excitement and I could not wait for my birthday to start. I donned my new princess dress and it was time to cut the cake. My cake was beautiful and it was covered with pink icing and a picture of Princess Aurora on top of the cake,
Everybody chorused the birthday song in unison. I blew out the candles and cut the cake. I punched the air in delight. We enjoyed the eating the cake and played games. We had a whale of a time. I received many gifts from my friends and I thanked them profusely for giving me such thoughtful and delightful gifts.
My mother prepared dinner on that day. The vegetable briyani was top-notch and mouth watering. Soon after, my friends bade me farewell and I gave them goodie bags. That day, I felt like a princess. I was eternally grateful to my parents who organised such a fabulous birthday party for me!
Check the other articles from this section
- Tips on writing a good composition
- P3 SA2 composition planning & model
- P3 Composition planning & a school model on An Achievement
- How to create descriptive settings – Primary 3
- Good introductions for English Compositions – Primary 3
- What To look out for when correcting a composition P3
- Endings for English Compositions – Primary 3
- Primary 3 Composition on a family outing
- Composition Helping phrases P3 / P4
- Composition Accident – Planning (P3 & P4)
- P3 Composition A Competition
- A Frightening Incident composition
- P3 and P4 Composition Phrases to describe happiness and excitement
- P3 English Composition A Lost Puppy
- P3 English Composition At The Beach
Don’t Miss Any Future Post!
2024 P3 English Tuition Timetable
|Bukit Timah||All Components Class||MON||5 pm to 7 pm|
|Bukit Timah||All Components Class||TUE||5.30 pm to 7.30 pm|
|Bukit Timah||All Components Class||SUN||2 pm to 4 pm|
|Bukit Timah||Creative Writing Class - Emerging Writers||FRI||3 pm to 5 pm|
|Hougang Pelikat||All Components Class||WED||3 pm to 5 pm|
|Hougang Pelikat||All Components Class||THU||3.30 pm to 5.30 pm|
|Hougang Pelikat||Creative Writing Class - Emerging Writers||SUN||10 am to 12 pm|