P5 Stimulus-based conversation (SBC) : Practice themes
As the P5 students in Thinking Factory continue on their oral practice, many of them have come to realise that unlike in P4, when the total was out of 16 marks, getting a good score in P5, which is now out of 30 marks, isn’t as plain sailing.
Reasons need to be given, as well as recounting personal examples or experiences and displaying personal opinions. Analysis of texts, posters and ideas can sometimes throw them off. Plus, not only is what they say important, but how they say it can also add or subtract marks. Sitting up neatly but comfortably, smiling while talking, looking animated and maintaining eye contact with the examiner, are all plus points.
However, with adequate practice, students develop confidence to face whatever questions are thrown to them.
You too can do some practice at home. Below is the list of my 2018 P5 students SA1 oral themes. All the best to those sitting for their SA1 Oral component!
Stimulus-Based Conversation Questions – Primary 5 SA1 2018
(1) Pei Hwa
Science Centre/Gardens by the Bay/Sentosa/Bird Park
Which place would you like to visit?
Have you ever been to one of these places? Tell me about it
What activities do you do to bond with your family?
(2) Pei Hwa Day 2
Swimming / table tennis / soccer / basketball
Which is your favourite sport
Other than exercise, how do you stay healthy
(3) Nan Hua Primary
Being a good neighbour programme
Examples of how to be a good neighbour
Would you like to participate in this programme?
Have you done any of these kind acts?
Tell me about a time a neighbour helped you
(4) Bukit Timah Primary
Turning thrash into art – making cans into sculptures & using magazines to make collages
Would you participate in this workshop?
Would you recommend this workshop to a friend?
(5) St Margarets’s Pri
Being a responsible park user : Do not feed the wild animals / throw rubbish into bins / keep to the right path
Do you think that the rules above are correct?
If you could improve something in the park, what would you change?
(6) Nanyang Primary
Food drive for the needy
Would you donate food to the needy?
Have you done a food drive in school before?
Why should you help the needy?
Check the other articles from this section
- Primary 5 Oral Preliminary Questions 2017
- List of SA2 Oral Topics – P5 2016
- P5 and P6 English Saving Oral model
- P5 Stimulus-Based Conversations Health & Chores
- A Birthday Party Stimulus-Based Conversation
- Stimulus-Based Conversation Theme on Performances
- Types of questions for Primary 5 & 6 Stimulus-Based Conversation
- Stimulus Based Conversation Travel P5
- Stimulus-based conversation practice on the theme of magazines
- Primary 5 English SA2 Oral model: Toys
- 27 English SBC themes for Primary 5 students to prepare their SA2 Oral
- Primary 5 English Oral Key questions
- P5 Oral Annual Science Fair
- P5 Stimulus-Based Conversation Theme Responsible park user
- P5 English Oral Model Crime
- P5/P6 Stimulus-based conversation – article on global warming
- P5 English Oral model Recycling
- Stimulus-based Conversation TREES approach
- P5 English Oral model A Competition
P5 English tuition 2022 timetable
|Branch||Day||Start time||End time|
|Bukit Timah||TUE||3 pm||5 pm|
|Bukit Timah||TUE||5 pm||7 pm|
|Bukit Timah||THU||3 pm||5 pm|
|Bukit Timah||SUN||2 pm||4 pm|
|Hougang Pelikat||WED||5 pm||7 pm|
|Hougang Pelikat||FRI||3 pm||5 pm|
|Virtual branch||FRI||5 pm||7 pm|