This is another Composition that we did in class this month. It is taken from the P6 Casco How To Score book.
It was a theme that could be difficult for some students to write on, especially when the pictures come into play. The first picture of a fire could become the student’s main focus in the story and as such may go out of point, as the theme is on Cooking.
Thus, we decided that a large part of the story should be focused on cooking.
Primary 5 Composition model on the theme of Cooking
Setting: Home Economics Room, Kitchen at Home and
Describe: Actions associated with cooking: chopping, slicing.
Some little Masterchefs gave me excellent cooking descriptions in their story! I have chosen this one because of the way the events have been described. Please bear in mind that Planing & Discussion is done in 10 mins and they have 50 minutes to write out their compositions, which is how students who practice home should be doing.
Check the other articles from this section
- Phrases to create suspense & Model Composition – Upper primary English
- Tips on preparing Primary 5 students for their PSLE year in Term 4 and model composition being late
- P5 Weighted Assessment Model Compo: Being Responsible
- 5 Situational Writing tips for P5 students
- P5 English Composition Writing: 4 ways to develop the theme when planning in composition writing & A Punishment model
- P5 Paper 1 Reminders for SA2 & Prelim composition model
- P5 Characterisation technique & Weighted Assessment Composition – A Competition
- Tips on how to improve your P5 composition writing
- P5 English Paper 1 Reminders & Model Composition – A new friend
- P5 SA2 Composition Theme – An act of honesty
- Three ways to score for your P5 composition & a model on A Surprise
- 3 simple writing techniques to make your P5 composition sparkle
- P5 Model Compositions & How we can make the most out of them
- P5 English Composition Encouraging Someone
- P5 English Composition An Act of Honesty
- English Composition an Unwelcomed Guest P5
- Compiled List of SA1 Composition Topics 2016
- 2016 List of SA2 Composition Topics P5
- Comparison of P5 and P6 Composition Writing & How we can help to bridge that gap
- Primary 5 Composition A Dangerous Situation
- Primary 5 Composition An Adventure & descriptive writing
- How to teach Composition Writing?
- P5 / P6 Composition model A good deed
- Narrative Writing P5 / P6
- How to plan a composition plot? P5
- Words and Phrases for different writing scenarios
- Creative writing & the use of Idioms
- English Composition An Argument P5 & P6
- Compositions Settings
- PSLE English Composition model on the theme of ‘A Mishap’
- Primary 5 Composition Theme A Fun Day
- English composition Happiness model
- Phrases to create suspense – P5 / P6 Composition Writing
- Primary 5 English Comprehension Open-ended
- P5 English Composition model on the theme of ‘A wish that was fulfilled’
- 4 tips to manage composition themes well – P5
- P5 English Composition Protagonist vs Antagonist
- P5 English Composition A Bad Decision
- P5 Composition A Celebration Gone Wrong
- P5 English Composition : How to score for Paper 1 and model on Trusting Someone
Don’t Miss Any Future Post!
2024 P5 English Tuition Timetable
|3 pm to 5 pm
|5 pm to 7 pm
|11 am to 1 pm
|5.30 pm to 7.30 pm
|9 am to 11 am
|11.30 am to 1.30 pm
|5 pm to 7 pm