I always like to start off the P6 year (which is officially November at Thinking Factory) with a review of Phrasal Verbs and Commonly misspelled words. Students are given these lists to study and be tested on. I find these lists very useful and we return to these lists throughout the year as we work on Paper 2 components such as Editing and Cloze.
Phrasal verbs – Verb + Preposition, can be found in all sections of Paper 2; from Grammar MCQ to Grammar Cloze, to Comprehension Cloze and even Editing.
Students who have been reading fiction or non-fiction material on a regular basis, are able to guess the preposition that fit in the verb or able to guess the meaning of the phrasal verb.
Others may need to memorise their lists of phrasal verbs and continually add on to their lists if they come across a phrasal verb that they do not know while working on Paper 2 components in their P6 year.
These lists are also easy for parents to compile at home. These lists are also useful for P5 students! For the Phrasal verbs list, it will be good to have a list with 3 columns. The phrasal verb, the meaning of it and an example. Students can even create their own sentences using each phrasal verb.
P6 List of Phrasal verbs
The list of commonly misspelled words can be found online. Our list has almost 65 words and words are added on throughout the year if needed. If a student has a weaker grasp of spelling, then the list may be a longer one for her or him. Personally, I think that preparing lists is a great revision tool for students, especially in their important years. Below, are some words found in our Commonly misspelled word list.
P6 Commonly Misspelled Words
Check the other articles from this section
- Vocabulary List Preliminary Top School Papers 2015
- List of Editing Spelling words PSLE 2017-2020
- Primary 6 English Vocabulary and Editing List 2019
- P6 List of Vocabulary words taken from the Top School CA1 papers 2018
- 2017 Preliminary Top School Papers: Vocabulary & Editing
- P6 CA1 Vocabulary and Editing List 2017
- P6 SA1 Editing List 2016 – Part 1
- Primary 6 CA1 Vocabulary List 2016 (Part 2)
- P6 CA1 Vocabulary List 2016 (Part 1)
- Editing List CA1 P6 Top School 2016 Papers
- P6 Top School SA1 Vocabulary List 2016
- P6 Top School SA1 Editing List 2015
- P6 Editing Spelling CA1 2015
- Primary 6 Vocabulary List
- P6 Paper 2 Who vs Whom
- P6 Paper 2 Grammatical Rules
- Synthesis and Transformation – PSLE 2020
- P6 English Paper 2 components – Contractions in Question Tags and Synthesis & Transformation
- Primary 6 English Comprehension Cloze Passage
P6 English tuition 2022 timetable
|Location||Day||Start time||End time|
|Bukit Timah||Thursday - FULL||5.00 pm||7.00 pm|
|Bukit Timah||Saturday||9.00 am||11.00 am|
|Bukit Timah||Saturday||11.00 am||1.00 pm|
|Bukit Timah||Saturday||2.00 pm||4.00 pm|
|Hougang Pelikat||Wednesday||5.00 pm||7.00 pm|
|Hougang Pelikat||Friday||5.00 pm||7.00 pm|