As this is the first year with the new Oral Format for PSLE, everyone’s wondering what may come out for SBC. I have asked my students from different schools to kindly write down what they were tested on for their prelim oral. Thanks to them, I have compiled a list below. You will notice that pictures and themes are repeated in different schools. Questions vary slightly.
I doubt that the same themes will come out for PSLE oral but you may never know… I am going through the Prelim topics with my students for practice and at the same time expanding it to include
1) Spreading viruses
2) Outdoor vs indoor activities
4) Attending talks, funfairs and camps
This list is of course is incomplete as oral is tested over 2 days in some schools.
The only school missing from my students’ is Nan Hua Primary as their Prelims is next week.
Rosyth Primary School
Admission ticket to 20th Youth Games
Q1: Would you be interested in buying this ticket?
Q2: Why do you think that people will attend this event?
Q3: How do you maintain a healthy lifestyle besides sports?
St Andrews Junior (similar to Nanyang Pri School – NYPS)
Assembly Talk with 4 Occupations
Q1: Would you attend this assembly talk? Why or why not?
Q2: If given a choice, which occupation would you listen to more attentively?
Q3: What do you aspire to be when you grow up?
Marie Stella (similar to CHIJ St Nicholas)
A canoeing course
Q1: Would you sign up for this course?
Q2: What are your favourite outdoor activities?
Q3: Do you think that team work is important?
A flyer on different hobbies- Photography, Art, Sports, Reading
Q1: Which of these hobbies would you choose?
Q2: What are your other hobbies?
Q3: What are the values you can learn from your hobbies?
Q4: How can you persuade your friend to like your hobby?
Yew Tee Primary
A book about Singapore
Q1: Would you be interested in reading this book about Singapore? Why or why not
Q2: Tell me about a place in Singapore you have visited
Q3: Tell me about a country you would like to go for the coming holidays
Mee Toh Primary (similar to Red Swastika, Henry Park & ACS)
A game stall- pupils playing a game with 3 prizes
Q1: Would you like to participate in this game? Why or why not?
Q2: Tell me about a time you won a prize
Q3: What activities do you and your family do during the weekend?
Assembly Talk with parents of pupils jobs: Nurse, Taxi Driver, Policeman, Animator
Q1: Would you attend the assembly talk? Why or why not?
Q2: The school has organised many assembly talks, what other assembly talks would you like the school to organise?
Q3: What do you aspire to be when you grow up?
5 steps for Mozzie Wipeout
Q1: How else can you prevent dengue?
Q2: What other ways are there to promote citizens to do the 5 step mozzie wipeout?
Q3: How can we prevent illnesses such as dengue from spreading?
Pei Hwa PPS
Poster on preventing dengue fever and breeding of Aedes Mosquitoes
Q1: Do you think that the poster is effective in preventing the breeding of Aedes mosquitoes?
Q2: Tell me about a time you were sick
Q3: Besides clearing stagnant water, other ways can you protect our environment and be a responsible citizen?
ACS + Henry Park (I have mixed both questions)
Poster on carnival games
Q1: Would you like to play this game?
Q2: Do you think that it will be easy to win
Q3: Tell me about a time you won a prize
Q1: Would you like to participate in this game?
Q2: Have you ever been to a carnival or funfair before?
Q3: Do you think prizes at a game booth are important?
Check the other articles from this section
- PSLE English Oral model Food
- P6 SA1 Oral Theme and Questions 2016 (Part 1)
- P6 English Oral model Holidays
- English Oral model A Birthday Party P6
- PSLE Oral themes and questions to help your child practice at home
- Primary 6 Oral Past PSLE Conversation Questions
- 2021 P6 SA1 English: List of Preliminary Oral Themes & how you can use the list to help you
- 2019 List of PSLE Oral Themes
- List of 2022 Preliminary Oral Themes
- PSLE Oral – Unpacking the 2022 PSLE Oral
- PSLE Oral – Water Conservation
- P6 Oral Common SBC Questions (part 1)
- PSLE ORAL – P6 2021 SA1 Oral Themes
- PSLE Oral stimulus-based conversation – Healthy eating model
- Stimulus-based conversation model PSLE 2020 Day 1
- Oral – 3 Tips for Reading Aloud
- List of 2020 Preliminary Oral themes Part 2
- 2020 List of Preliminary Oral Themes Part 1
- 6 PSLE Oral tips to help you score well
- P6: List of Stimulus-based conversation questions 2016-2018
- P6 Oral Stimulus-based Conversation – Kindness
- 2019 Preliminary Oral Topics
- List of PSLE Oral Themes 2019
- PSLE Stimulus-based Conversation Dance class model answer
- 2018 Preliminary English Oral Themes
- PSLE English Oral model Children’s Day
- 2018 PSLE SA1 Oral Themes
- Common Stimulus-Based conversation questions to prepare for PSLE Oral
- PSLE English Oral model Family
- PSLE English Oral Practices – Recycling, Saving water and Volunteering
- PSLE Oral Practice health
- P6 Oral : List of 2022 SA1 Oral Themes
- P6 English Oral model Newspapers
- P6 Oral model Food & CA1 Results 2017
- Preliminary Oral Topics 2015 & 2016
- PSLE Oral Reminders
- P6 English Oral model Science Fair
- P6 Preliminary Oral Questions 2016
- PSLE Oral: Stimulus-based conversation key questions 2020
- PSLE Oral Gadget Addiction
Don’t Miss Any Future Post!
2023 P6 English tuition timetable
|Branch||Day||Start time||End time|
|Bukit Timah - FULL||TUE||3 pm||5 pm|
|Bukit Timah - 1 seat left||TUE||5 pm||7 pm|
|Bukit Timah - 2 seats left||THU||5 pm||7 pm|
|Bukit Timah - 1 seat left||SAT||9 am||11 am|
|Bukit Timah - 1 seat left||SAT||11 am||1 pm|
|Hougang Pelikat - FULL||FRI||3 pm||5 pm|
|Hougang Pelikat - FULL||FRI||5 pm||7 pm|