Monday will mark the start of the PSLE Oral. I have been consolidating and testing all that we have learnt in the past year with my students.
My students have kindly helped me compile their school’s preliminary oral themes and questions. Instead of structuring the list under schools, I decided to structure the list according to the 4 main themes tested during the Preliminary Oral in my students’ schools.
Some questions asked were rather straight forward while others required more thought. We hope that the list will be useful for you as you do your revision this weekend. We, at Thinking Factory, wish you all the best for the PSLE Oral!
2022 list of prelim oral themes
Theme : Volunteering
A poster about volunteering at an Old Folk’s Home
- Q1 – Would you sign up for this volunteering programme?
- Q2 – Who else would you like to give back to in your community?
- Q3 – Do you think that the suggested activities are appropriate for the elderly?
A poster about volunteering to make old clothes into blankets
- Q1 – Would you volunteer for this?
- Q2 – How does your family practice the 3Rs?
- Q3 – How would you encourage your friends to practice the 3Rs?
- Q4 – Why do you think that upper primary students were asked to volunteer?
- Q5 – Tell me about a project that you did using recycled materials
A poster about volunteering to help a P1 buddy
- Q1 – Would you volunteer for this activity?
- Q2 – Tell me about a time you have helped someone that you had been a buddy to
- Q3 – Do you think that in Secondary school you would have a buddy who will take care of you?
- Q4 – Why do you think that selected pupils are given training?
Theme : Recycling
A poster about a girl carrying plastic bottles and sorting clothes
- Q1 – Are you like the girl in the picture?
- Q2 – Do you think that hand-me-down clothes are still wearable?
- Q3 – How do you recycle?
- Q4 – Do you think that the poster is effective in encouraging others to do what is on it?
A poster about a girl recycling correctly and a notice about recycling correctly
- Q1 – What does your school do to promote recycling?
- Q2 – Do you think that wearing second-hand clothes is recycling?
Theme : Neighbourhood
A poster about a Community Club event – Neighbours bringing food to an event and attending a party
- Q1 – Would you attend this party?
- Q2 – Why do you think that attendees need to inform the CC about the food they are bringing?
- Q3 – Which activity is suitable for children around your age to bond together?
- Q4 – Do you bond with your neighbours often? Why or why not?
- Q5 – Should more bonding activities be organized?
Theme : Health
A poster about an exercise video by a popular coach that will improve your mental health and let you relax
- Q1 – Would you watch this demonstration? Why or why not?
- Q2 – Do you prefer to relax by yourself or relax with your friends?
- Q3 – Would you prefer learning online or offline?
- Q4 – Do you think that exercising is a good way to relieve stress?
- Q5 – State one way that you relieve stress
- Q6 – Do you think that reading is a good way to relieve stress?
- Q7 – Tell me about a time that you were stressed
Good Eating Habits is Important Contest
- Q1 – Would you participate in this event?
- Q2 – Is the internet safe?
- Q3 – Would you prefer the internet or the newspapers for information?
A poster about a subscription for $1.99 per month for 991 healthy recipes
- Q1 – Would you visit this website?
- Q2 – Do you think that eating healthily is important?
- Q3 – Do you think that the information online is trustworthy?
Get ready for the PSLE!
Get ready for the PSLE!
Check our E-learning PSLE Oral Video Series
Check the other articles from this section
- Oral – 3 Tips for Reading Aloud
- PSLE Oral stimulus-based conversation – Healthy eating model
- PSLE Oral – Water Conservation
- P6 Oral Common SBC Questions (part 1)
- PSLE ORAL – P6 2021 SA1 Oral Themes
- P6 Preliminary Oral Questions 2016
- 2020 List of Preliminary Oral Themes Part 1
- List of 2020 Preliminary Oral themes Part 2
- 6 PSLE Oral tips to help you score well
- P6 Oral : List of 2022 SA1 Oral Themes
- 2023 Preliminary Oral Themes & tips to answer the questions
- PSLE Oral – Unpacking the 2022 PSLE Oral
- Primary 6 Past PSLE Stimulus-based Conversation Oral Questions
- Stimulus-based conversation model PSLE 2020 Day 1
- 2021 P6 SA1 English: List of Preliminary Oral Themes & how you can use the list to help you
- PSLE Oral Reminders
- PSLE English Oral model Food
- English Oral model A Birthday Party P6
- P6 English Oral model Holidays
- PSLE English Oral model Family
- PSLE Oral Practice health
- Preliminary Oral Topics 2015 & 2016
- P6 Oral model Food & CA1 Results 2017
- P6 English Oral model Newspapers
- PSLE Oral: Stimulus-based conversation key questions 2020
- PSLE Oral themes and questions to help your child practice at home
- Preliminary Examinations 2015 Oral Topics
- P6 SA1 Oral Theme and Questions 2016 (Part 1)
- Common Stimulus-Based conversation questions to prepare for PSLE Oral
- P6: List of Stimulus-based conversation questions 2016-2018
- List of PSLE Oral Themes 2019
- 2019 List of PSLE Oral Themes
- 2019 Preliminary Oral Topics
- P6 Oral Stimulus-based Conversation – Kindness
- PSLE English Oral model Children’s Day
- PSLE English Oral Practices – Recycling, Saving water and Volunteering
- PSLE Oral Gadget Addiction
- 2018 Preliminary English Oral Themes
- P6 English Oral model Science Fair
- 2018 PSLE SA1 Oral Themes
- PSLE Stimulus-based Conversation Dance class model answer
Don’t Miss Any Future Post!
2024 P6 English Tuition Timetable
|Bukit Timah||All Components Class||THU - FULL||3 pm to 5 pm|
|Bukit Timah||All Components Class||THU||5 pm to 7 pm|
|Bukit Timah||All Components Class||SAT - FULL||1 pm to 3 pm|
|Bukit Timah||Creative Writing Class - Creative Writers||FRI||5 pm to 7 pm|
|Hougang Pelikat||All Components Class||WED - FULL||5 pm to 7 pm|
|Hougang Pelikat||All Components Class||FRI||3.30 pm to 5.30 pm|
|Hougang Pelikat||All Components Class||SAT||1.30 pm to 3.30 pm|
|Hougang Pelikat||All Components Class||SAT||3.30 pm to 5.30 pm|
|Hougang Pelikat||Creative Writing Class - Creative Writers||SUN||12 pm to 2 pm|
|Virtual branch (100% online live tuition)||All Components Class||FRI||5.30 pm to 7.30 pm|