We work on a new theme every lesson at Thinking Factory. All or half the class must answer the SBC questions asked based on a particular poster. This takes up about 20 minutes of lesson time but this ensures that students are exposed to a variety of different oral themes right up to their Preliminary oral. We also discuss together the best ways to approach each question in the SBC using the TREES approach.
I have compiled a list of SA1 and Preliminary SBC themes that my students from 2016-2019 were tested on. I have chosen two common themes from each year. I hope that this can help students prepare for their Prelim oral in some small way.
P6 SA1 & Preliminary Stimulus-based conversation topics 2016-2019
1) St Stevens/SCGS/Henry Park
Theme: Science Fair
Pic : A Science Fair/ 3 experiments in different classrooms (how to make snow, how to get electricity from a potato/how Coca-Cola cleans)
Would you attend this Science fair?
Have you been to a Science Fair?
Which of these experiments interest you?
How would you improve your Science lessons?
Theme: Sports Day
Pic: gunny sack race, 3-legged race, egg and spoon race, wheelbarrow race
Which of these activities would you like to participate in?
Do you like your school’s sports day?
How would you like your school to improve the Sports Day?
3) Chongfu Primary (& several other schools)
Theme : Community
Picture: Resident Corner (playing chess with others, chatting with neighbours, karaoke)
Would you want to come down to this resident corner? Why or why not?
How do you spend time with your neighbours?
How do we become a good neighbour?
What do you do during your free time?
What would you do if your neighbours have conflicts?
Why is it important to know your neighbours?
How can we be considerate to our neighbours?
What can Community Clubs do to maintain your relationship with your neigbours?
4) Pei Hwa Primary School
Picture: The all in one gadget
Would you like to buy this all on one gadget?
Do you spend a lot of time on your electronic devices?
How can you help a friend who is addicted to computer games?
5) MGS / Hong Wen
Theme: Personal Interest
Picture: Poster of a Hip Hop Dance Class. Available for all age groups
1) Would you attend this event?
2) Do you think that this poster would attract people?
3) What is your CCA ?
Theme: Personal Interest
Picture: Children’s Day Carnival
1) Would you be interested in joining this event?
2) What other events does your school celebrate?
3) If you can run any event any way you like, how would you run it?
7) Theme: Addiction to Gadgets
Picture: Talk about gadget addiction
Would you take part in this talk
Do you own a phone?
Do you think that children should have a phone?
How can we stop people from gadget addiction?
How to prevent someone from looking at their gadgets when walking?
Why is gadget addiction bad?
8) Theme: Volunteering
Picture: Hands with heart in the middle. Talk about a beach clean-up volunteer work
Would you like to participate in the beach clean up?
Have you ever taken part in any VIA or volunteer activity before
Do you know of anyone who have volunteered before?
Check the other articles from this section
- PSLE English Oral model Food
- P6 SA1 Oral Theme and Questions 2016 (Part 1)
- P6 English Oral model Holidays
- English Oral model A Birthday Party P6
- Preliminary Examinations 2015 Oral Topics
- PSLE Oral themes and questions to help your child practice at home
- Primary 6 Oral Past PSLE Conversation Questions
- 2021 P6 SA1 English: List of Preliminary Oral Themes & how you can use the list to help you
- 2019 List of PSLE Oral Themes
- List of 2022 Preliminary Oral Themes
- PSLE Oral – Water Conservation
- P6 Oral Common SBC Questions (part 1)
- PSLE ORAL – P6 2021 SA1 Oral Themes
- PSLE Oral stimulus-based conversation – Healthy eating model
- Stimulus-based conversation model PSLE 2020 Day 1
- Oral – 3 Tips for Reading Aloud
- List of 2020 Preliminary Oral themes Part 2
- 2020 List of Preliminary Oral Themes Part 1
- 6 PSLE Oral tips to help you score well
- P6 Oral Stimulus-based Conversation – Kindness
- 2019 Preliminary Oral Topics
- List of PSLE Oral Themes 2019
- PSLE Stimulus-based Conversation Dance class model answer
- 2018 Preliminary English Oral Themes
- PSLE English Oral model Children’s Day
- 2018 PSLE SA1 Oral Themes
- Common Stimulus-Based conversation questions to prepare for PSLE Oral
- PSLE English Oral model Family
- PSLE English Oral Practices – Recycling, Saving water and Volunteering
- PSLE Oral Practice health
- P6 Oral : List of 2022 SA1 Oral Themes
- P6 English Oral model Newspapers
- P6 Oral model Food & CA1 Results 2017
- Preliminary Oral Topics 2015 & 2016
- PSLE Oral Reminders
- P6 English Oral model Science Fair
- P6 Preliminary Oral Questions 2016
- PSLE Oral: Stimulus-based conversation key questions 2020
- PSLE Oral Gadget Addiction
2023 P6 English tuition timetable - wef November 2022
|Branch||Day||Start time||End time|
|Bukit Timah - FULL||TUE||3 pm||5 pm|
|Bukit Timah - FULL||TUE||5 pm||7 pm|
|Bukit Timah - FULL||THU||5 pm||7 pm|
|Bukit Timah||SAT||9 am||11 am|
|Bukit Timah||SAT||11 am||1 pm|
|Hougang Pelikat||FRI||3 pm||5 pm|
|Hougang Pelikat||FRI||5 pm||7 pm|
(online lessons only)
|FRI||5 pm||7 pm|