P6 English Oral model Newspapers illustration:
Online Subscription $15 per month
Read the latest news on your smartphone, ipad, computer or tablet. Anytime, anywhere! Whenever you have some free time!
Hardcopy Subscription $20 per month
The latest news delivered right to your doorstep every morning!
Question 1: Which type of newspaper would you subscribe to?
I would definitely choose to subscribe to the online edition of the newspaper. My parents subscribe to the hardcopy and they get their newspaper every morning at the doorstep. My dad enjoys reading it while having breakfast but it really is such a mess! There are many different sections to the newspaper and when you open it up, it takes up a lot of space! Sometimes, commuters on the public transport read the newspaper and no one likes to sit next to such a commuter. Once, I sat next to a lady reading the newspaper. The edges of the newspaper were resting on my arm and the commuter took up all the place. I had to squeeze against the window of the bus, which was very uncomfortable. Plus, printing out newspapers and not recycling them is bad for our Earth. If we save some trees by ordering our newspapers online, we have done our part.Nowadays, everyone owns a smartphone or tablet. These gadgets are small and compact and take up little space. It is easy to whip them out at any time and read the news. So, I would choose to order my newspapers online.
Question 2: Do you watch the news on television?
No, I usually don’t. I come home late from school on most days and after dinner I am doing my homework or reading. I only watch the news when a very interesting event has happened or is happening.The last time I watched the news was during the Olympics especially when Joseph Schooling won the Gold in the Olympics! My friends and I were glued to the nightly news on Channel News Asia to watch the replay of the swimming and other sporting events.However, if I do miss the news on television, I can always go on youtube to watch what I have missed. Many people put up videos of events or important news. I can also go on to the Channel News Asia website and look for the missed videos there.
Question 3: Do you think reading the newspaper is important?
I think that keeping abreast of current news is important but I do not like to read all the news articles. Some of them like the Financial Section is too complicated for me. Some of the news articles also make me sad, especially when I read about tragedies in the world.My mother thinks that some news are not appropriate for young children so when she sees an interesting article in the newspaper, she will ask me to read it. Sometimes she will email me some links to newspaper articles she finds online for me to read them on my smartphone.My parents believe that knowing what is going on in the world and in Singapore is important. We discuss some current events like the recent American elections and speculate what will happen in the future. Some local news also give me ideas for school work, especially for writing my Compositions or for Oral! So yes, I think it is important to read the newspapers.
Get ready for the PSLE!
Get ready for the PSLE!
Check our E-learning PSLE Oral Video Series
Check the other articles from this section
- Oral – 3 Tips for Reading Aloud
- PSLE Oral stimulus-based conversation – Healthy eating model
- PSLE Oral – Water Conservation
- PSLE ORAL – P6 2021 SA1 Oral Themes
- P6 Oral Common SBC Questions (part 1)
- P6 Preliminary Oral Questions 2016
- 6 PSLE Oral tips to help you score well
- List of 2020 Preliminary Oral themes Part 2
- 2020 List of Preliminary Oral Themes Part 1
- P6 Oral : List of 2022 SA1 Oral Themes
- List of 2022 Preliminary Oral Themes
- 2023 Preliminary Oral Themes & tips to answer the questions
- PSLE Oral – Unpacking the 2022 PSLE Oral
- Primary 6 Past PSLE Stimulus-based Conversation Oral Questions
- Stimulus-based conversation model PSLE 2020 Day 1
- 2021 P6 SA1 English: List of Preliminary Oral Themes & how you can use the list to help you
- PSLE Oral Reminders
- PSLE English Oral model Food
- English Oral model A Birthday Party P6
- P6 English Oral model Holidays
- Common Stimulus-Based conversation questions to prepare for PSLE Oral
- PSLE English Oral model Family
- Preliminary Oral Topics 2015 & 2016
- P6 Oral model Food & CA1 Results 2017
- PSLE Oral Practice health
- PSLE Oral: Stimulus-based conversation key questions 2020
- PSLE Oral themes and questions to help your child practice at home
- Preliminary Examinations 2015 Oral Topics
- P6 SA1 Oral Theme and Questions 2016 (Part 1)
- P6: List of Stimulus-based conversation questions 2016-2018
- List of PSLE Oral Themes 2019
- 2019 List of PSLE Oral Themes
- 2019 Preliminary Oral Topics
- P6 Oral Stimulus-based Conversation – Kindness
- PSLE English Oral model Children’s Day
- PSLE English Oral Practices – Recycling, Saving water and Volunteering
- PSLE Oral Gadget Addiction
- 2018 Preliminary English Oral Themes
- P6 English Oral model Science Fair
- 2018 PSLE SA1 Oral Themes
- PSLE Stimulus-based Conversation Dance class model answer
Don’t Miss Any Future Post!
2024 P6 English Tuition Timetable
|Bukit Timah||All Components Class||THU||3 pm to 5 pm|
|Bukit Timah||All Components Class||THU||5 pm to 7 pm|
|Bukit Timah||All Components Class||SAT||1 pm to 3 pm|
|Bukit Timah||Creative Writing Class - Creative Writers||FRI||5 pm to 7 pm|
|Hougang Pelikat||All Components Class||WED||5 pm to 7 pm|
|Hougang Pelikat||All Components Class||FRI||3.30 pm to 5.30 pm|
|Hougang Pelikat||All Components Class||SAT||1.30 pm to 3.30 pm|
|Hougang Pelikat||All Components Class||SAT||3.30 pm to 5.30 pm|
|Hougang Pelikat||Creative Writing Class - Creative Writers||SUN||12 pm to 2 pm|
|Virtual branch (100% online live tuition)||All Components Class||FRI||5.30 pm to 7.30 pm|