- Use the 5 minutes preparation time to read the passage softly, aloud. This allows you to sound out the words and be comfortable and confident when you read it aloud to the examiner
- Be lively and expressive right from the start!! Imagine you are on stage and you are reading aloud from a script. Pretend to be an actor.
- Be especially expressive when there is dialogue in the passage. Imagine that you are the character speaking.
- Pronounce each word as clearly as possible. Do not rush but do not read too slow either. You must have a smooth flow.
- Open your mouth when you read. In other words, don’t mumble. This allows pronunciation to be clearer.
- Don’t stumble over your words. Unfortunately, marks are subtracted, even for small mistakes.
- Practice reading aloud in your room or in front of your family. Past PSLE reading passages are found in your PSLE booklet.
- Use the 5 minutes preparation time to look at the poster, advertisement or flyer and try to imagine the theme and possible questions the examiner may ask.
- If the question is on Choice, talk about the reasons why you have made the choice and give personal examples. “My mother always reminds me to eat healthily. She…” You do not have to give reasons why you don’t choose the other options. If you do, make it brief. The focus is on the choice you have made.
- If the question is a recount one, explain in detail where, what, why and add in one or two opinions. “Two years ago, my parents took me to a Home for the Elderly..”
- If the question is an opinion one, express your opinions, there is no right or wrong answer. Back up your opinion by giving personal examples. “I know a friend who has…
- Relax and smile. You are having a conversation, not making a speech. How relaxed you look, will display how confident you are to the examiner.
- Add some humor if you can.
- Do not fidget or hold the SBC picture in your hands throughout the conversation. As soon as you use the information on the paper to answer your question, put it down and converse.
- Keep eye contact with the examiners. It shows your confidence.
Check the other articles from this section
- PSLE English Oral model Food
- P6 SA1 Oral Theme and Questions 2016 (Part 1)
- P6 English Oral model Holidays
- English Oral model A Birthday Party P6
- Preliminary Examinations 2015 Oral Topics
- PSLE Oral themes and questions to help your child practice at home
- Primary 6 Oral Past PSLE Conversation Questions
- 2021 P6 SA1 English: List of Preliminary Oral Themes & how you can use the list to help you
- 2019 List of PSLE Oral Themes
- List of 2022 Preliminary Oral Themes
- PSLE Oral – Water Conservation
- P6 Oral Common SBC Questions (part 1)
- PSLE ORAL – P6 2021 SA1 Oral Themes
- PSLE Oral stimulus-based conversation – Healthy eating model
- Stimulus-based conversation model PSLE 2020 Day 1
- Oral – 3 Tips for Reading Aloud
- List of 2020 Preliminary Oral themes Part 2
- 2020 List of Preliminary Oral Themes Part 1
- 6 PSLE Oral tips to help you score well
- P6: List of Stimulus-based conversation questions 2016-2018
- P6 Oral Stimulus-based Conversation – Kindness
- 2019 Preliminary Oral Topics
- List of PSLE Oral Themes 2019
- PSLE Stimulus-based Conversation Dance class model answer
- 2018 Preliminary English Oral Themes
- PSLE English Oral model Children’s Day
- 2018 PSLE SA1 Oral Themes
- Common Stimulus-Based conversation questions to prepare for PSLE Oral
- PSLE English Oral model Family
- PSLE English Oral Practices – Recycling, Saving water and Volunteering
- PSLE Oral Practice health
- P6 Oral : List of 2022 SA1 Oral Themes
- P6 English Oral model Newspapers
- P6 Oral model Food & CA1 Results 2017
- Preliminary Oral Topics 2015 & 2016
- P6 English Oral model Science Fair
- P6 Preliminary Oral Questions 2016
- PSLE Oral: Stimulus-based conversation key questions 2020
- PSLE Oral Gadget Addiction
2023 P6 English tuition timetable
|Branch||Day||Start time||End time|
|Bukit Timah||TUE||3 pm||5 pm|
|Bukit Timah - FULL||TUE||5 pm||7 pm|
|Bukit Timah||THU||5 pm||7 pm|
|Bukit Timah||SAT||9 am||11 am|
|Bukit Timah||SAT||11 am||1 pm|
|Hougang Pelikat||FRI||3 pm||5 pm|
|Hougang Pelikat||FRI||5 pm||7 pm|