9 weeks left to the PSLE Oral 2015. Earlier still for the Preliminary Oral testing in many schools. Yup, time flies. Tomorrow will be the last day of the June workshops that I have been conducting. I sincerely hope that for those students who have attended the workshops, it has been beneficial to them.
Many (including myself) are wondering what type of stimulus based conversations will come out over the 2 days of Oral testing. Many (including myself!!) are hoping that the examiners will be kind and give a picture that has enough information to guide them through the questions and a theme that they can relate to.
In my June workshop I tried to have a mix of both. I gave themes that students were aware of but must have precise knowledge of certain events. I also asked them thought provoking questions that they had to answer on the spot.
PSLE Oral themes and questions
Oral 1. Theme: Mobile Phone
Picture: An advertisement of a new mobile phone and its features
1) Would you buy this phone?
2) Do you think that a mobile phone is a necessity at your age?
3) What are the negative effects of the prolonged use of a smart phone?
Oral 2. Theme: A Sale
Picture: An advertisement on the Spotlight sale
(I chose this in particular to see how students manage a theme that they may not be interested in)
1) Would you go for this sale?
2) What items do you usually look out for when there is a sale?
3) Tell me about an interesting sale you have been to.
Oral 3. Theme: A Comedy Musical/Singapore
Picture: An advertisement for the comedy musical The Story of Singapore by the Dim Sum Dollies
1) Would you watch this comedy musical?
2) How do you plan to spend National Day this year during SG50?
3) Do you think that Singapore is a gracious society?
Oral 4. Theme: School (quite a common theme)
1) What do you like and dislike about your school?
2) What is your favourite subject?
3) What do you hope to be when you grow up?
I was glad to see that many students were able to express their opinions quite well. What was lacking was how they could answer a question with a no and continue the conversation. Also general knowledge on what is happening eg SG50 or facts about the dangers of mobile phones. So its good to read up on current events in Singapore now.
Check the other articles from this section
- PSLE English Oral model Food
- P6 SA1 Oral Theme and Questions 2016 (Part 1)
- P6 English Oral model Holidays
- English Oral model A Birthday Party P6
- Preliminary Examinations 2015 Oral Topics
- Primary 6 Oral Past PSLE Conversation Questions
- 2021 P6 SA1 English: List of Preliminary Oral Themes & how you can use the list to help you
- 2019 List of PSLE Oral Themes
- List of 2022 Preliminary Oral Themes
- PSLE Oral – Water Conservation
- P6 Oral Common SBC Questions (part 1)
- PSLE ORAL – P6 2021 SA1 Oral Themes
- PSLE Oral stimulus-based conversation – Healthy eating model
- Stimulus-based conversation model PSLE 2020 Day 1
- Oral – 3 Tips for Reading Aloud
- List of 2020 Preliminary Oral themes Part 2
- 2020 List of Preliminary Oral Themes Part 1
- 6 PSLE Oral tips to help you score well
- P6: List of Stimulus-based conversation questions 2016-2018
- P6 Oral Stimulus-based Conversation – Kindness
- 2019 Preliminary Oral Topics
- List of PSLE Oral Themes 2019
- PSLE Stimulus-based Conversation Dance class model answer
- 2018 Preliminary English Oral Themes
- PSLE English Oral model Children’s Day
- 2018 PSLE SA1 Oral Themes
- Common Stimulus-Based conversation questions to prepare for PSLE Oral
- PSLE English Oral model Family
- PSLE English Oral Practices – Recycling, Saving water and Volunteering
- PSLE Oral Practice health
- P6 Oral : List of 2022 SA1 Oral Themes
- P6 English Oral model Newspapers
- P6 Oral model Food & CA1 Results 2017
- Preliminary Oral Topics 2015 & 2016
- PSLE Oral Reminders
- P6 English Oral model Science Fair
- P6 Preliminary Oral Questions 2016
- PSLE Oral: Stimulus-based conversation key questions 2020
- PSLE Oral Gadget Addiction
2023 P6 English tuition timetable - wef November 2022
|Branch||Day||Start time||End time|
|Bukit Timah - FULL||TUE||3 pm||5 pm|
|Bukit Timah - FULL||TUE||5 pm||7 pm|
|Bukit Timah - FULL||THU||5 pm||7 pm|
|Bukit Timah||SAT||9 am||11 am|
|Bukit Timah||SAT||11 am||1 pm|
|Hougang Pelikat||FRI||3 pm||5 pm|
|Hougang Pelikat||FRI||5 pm||7 pm|
(online lessons only)
|FRI||5 pm||7 pm|