9 weeks left to the PSLE Oral 2015. Earlier still for the Preliminary Oral testing in many schools. Yup, time flies. Tomorrow will be the last day of the June workshops that I have been conducting. I sincerely hope that for those students who have attended the workshops, it has been beneficial to them.
Many (including myself) are wondering what type of stimulus based conversations will come out over the 2 days of Oral testing. Many (including myself!!) are hoping that the examiners will be kind and give a picture that has enough information to guide them through the questions and a theme that they can relate to.
In my June workshop I tried to have a mix of both. I gave themes that students were aware of but must have precise knowledge of certain events. I also asked them thought provoking questions that they had to answer on the spot.
PSLE Oral themes and questions
Oral 1. Theme: Mobile Phone
Picture: An advertisement of a new mobile phone and its features
1) Would you buy this phone?
2) Do you think that a mobile phone is a necessity at your age?
3) What are the negative effects of the prolonged use of a smart phone?
Oral 2. Theme: A Sale
Picture: An advertisement on the Spotlight sale
(I chose this in particular to see how students manage a theme that they may not be interested in)
1) Would you go for this sale?
2) What items do you usually look out for when there is a sale?
3) Tell me about an interesting sale you have been to.
Oral 3. Theme: A Comedy Musical/Singapore
Picture: An advertisement for the comedy musical The Story of Singapore by the Dim Sum Dollies
1) Would you watch this comedy musical?
2) How do you plan to spend National Day this year during SG50?
3) Do you think that Singapore is a gracious society?
Oral 4. Theme: School (quite a common theme)
1) What do you like and dislike about your school?
2) What is your favourite subject?
3) What do you hope to be when you grow up?
I was glad to see that many students were able to express their opinions quite well. What was lacking was how they could answer a question with a no and continue the conversation. Also general knowledge on what is happening eg SG50 or facts about the dangers of mobile phones. So its good to read up on current events in Singapore now.
Get ready for the PSLE!
Get ready for the PSLE!
Check our E-learning PSLE Oral Video Series
Check the other articles from this section
- Oral – 3 Tips for Reading Aloud
- PSLE Oral stimulus-based conversation – Healthy eating model
- PSLE Oral – Water Conservation
- PSLE ORAL – P6 2021 SA1 Oral Themes
- P6 Oral Common SBC Questions (part 1)
- P6 Preliminary Oral Questions 2016
- 6 PSLE Oral tips to help you score well
- List of 2020 Preliminary Oral themes Part 2
- 2020 List of Preliminary Oral Themes Part 1
- P6 Oral : List of 2022 SA1 Oral Themes
- List of 2022 Preliminary Oral Themes
- 2023 Preliminary Oral Themes & tips to answer the questions
- PSLE Oral – Unpacking the 2022 PSLE Oral
- Primary 6 Past PSLE Stimulus-based Conversation Oral Questions
- Stimulus-based conversation model PSLE 2020 Day 1
- 2021 P6 SA1 English: List of Preliminary Oral Themes & how you can use the list to help you
- English Oral model A Birthday Party P6
- PSLE Oral Reminders
- P6 English Oral model Holidays
- PSLE English Oral model Food
- Common Stimulus-Based conversation questions to prepare for PSLE Oral
- PSLE English Oral model Family
- Preliminary Oral Topics 2015 & 2016
- P6 Oral model Food & CA1 Results 2017
- P6 English Oral model Newspapers
- PSLE Oral Practice health
- PSLE Oral: Stimulus-based conversation key questions 2020
- P6 SA1 Oral Theme and Questions 2016 (Part 1)
- Preliminary Examinations 2015 Oral Topics
- P6: List of Stimulus-based conversation questions 2016-2018
- List of PSLE Oral Themes 2019
- 2019 List of PSLE Oral Themes
- 2019 Preliminary Oral Topics
- P6 Oral Stimulus-based Conversation – Kindness
- PSLE English Oral model Children’s Day
- PSLE English Oral Practices – Recycling, Saving water and Volunteering
- PSLE Oral Gadget Addiction
- 2018 Preliminary English Oral Themes
- P6 English Oral model Science Fair
- 2018 PSLE SA1 Oral Themes
- PSLE Stimulus-based Conversation Dance class model answer
Don’t Miss Any Future Post!
2024 P6 English Tuition Timetable
|Bukit Timah||All Components Class||THU||3 pm to 5 pm|
|Bukit Timah||All Components Class||THU||5 pm to 7 pm|
|Bukit Timah||All Components Class||SAT||1 pm to 3 pm|
|Bukit Timah||Creative Writing Class - Creative Writers||FRI||5 pm to 7 pm|
|Hougang Pelikat||All Components Class||WED||5 pm to 7 pm|
|Hougang Pelikat||All Components Class||FRI||3.30 pm to 5.30 pm|
|Hougang Pelikat||All Components Class||SAT||1.30 pm to 3.30 pm|
|Hougang Pelikat||All Components Class||SAT||3.30 pm to 5.30 pm|
|Hougang Pelikat||Creative Writing Class - Creative Writers||SUN||12 pm to 2 pm|
|Virtual branch (100% online live tuition)||All Components Class||FRI||5.30 pm to 7.30 pm|