Discover our Secondary English Tuition programmes for students based in Singapore.
MOE-trained teachers. Maximum 8 students per class.
Secondary English Tuition Programme
Lesson Structure (over 2 lessons)
Paper 1 components
Paper 2 components
S$ 80 / S1 lesson
S$ 85 / S2 lesson
S$ 90 / S3 lesson
English language proficiency is developed over time and requires consistency. TF’s Secondary English tuition programme aims to develop the following skills, strategies and dispositions (attitudes and behaviours) in students:
Using Thinking Routines to analyse a variety of issues, eg.
- See, Think, Wonder
- Circle of Viewpoints
– To improve close reading skills (e.g. find connections/trends, discover relationships between characters, make inferences) and increase vocabulary through guided reading and annotating exercises
– To increase grammatical awareness in order to tackle the Editing component and reduce grammatical errors in writing
Checking Soundness of argument:
– Has PEEL structure (scaffolding) been used?
– Is the Explanation clear and logical?
– Is the Example/s given strong and convincing?
– Are there any loopholes in the argument? / Is it easily refuted (proved untrue)?
Checking for Precision, Completeness, Relevance (for the Comprehension & Summary component)
– Precision: accuracy of words and phrasing
– Completeness: no excess or lack of information
– Relevance: addressing the terms of question
Develop ease and confidence in writing through weekly writing exercises
2023 Bukit Timah Branch Secondary English tuition timetable
|Level||Day||Start time||End time|
|S1||SAT||2.30 pm||4.30 pm|
|S2||SAT||4.30 pm||6.30 pm|
|S3||SAT||6.30 pm||8.30 pm|
LATEST ADVICE FOR LOWER SECONDARY STUDENTS
Enjoy our free advice, worksheets, techniques and tips from our Secondary English Teachers
Need more information ?
Please use the form below to reach out and we will be happy to assist you.