The Editing section of the P5 and P6 Paper 2 contains 6 spelling errors that students need to correct. Most of the words come from commonly misspelled words. The aim is to test a student’s accuracy in spelling these words.
From P4, our students are given a list of words to learn. The P4 students are given 20 words to learn, the P5s 40 words, and the P6s 60. The P4s and P5s are tested on this list twice a year, once at the start and then again in Term 3 so that new students who join us also have a chance to learn from this list.
Like every year, we begin to introduce P5 Paper 2 English components to our P4 students in Term 3 and Term 4. One of the sections introduced in Term 3 will be the Editing section. By mastering their commonly misspelled words list, they can see how they can use these words in their Editing section.
These words also appear often in their compositions and when not corrected, students still continue to spell certain words wrongly even in P6, costing them valuable marks.
Below is the list of words that our P4 students use. We hope that this list will be useful to all P4 students.
P4 English Paper 2: Commonly Misspelled Words
Check the other articles from this section
- P4 English Grammar – Prepositions of Time
- Tips to help your child improve sentence structures & tenses at home
- How to use Unless in Synthesis & Transformation
- SA2 English Revision: 4 steps to tackle Grammar Cloze for Primary 4
- P4 Vocabulary Lists & Exercises
- Primary 4 English Vocabulary List
- Primary 4 SA1 Vocabulary List 2016
- P4 Vocabulary List SA1 papers – 2017
- P4 English: 4 common Synthesis and Transformation questions
- Primary 4 English: Cloze Passage
Don’t Miss Any Future Post!
2024 P4 English Tuition Timetable
|Bukit Timah||All Components Class||WED||3.30 pm to 5.30 pm|
|Bukit Timah||All Components Class||SAT||9 am to 11 am|
|Bukit Timah||All Components Class||SUN||4 pm to 6 pm|
|Bukit Timah||Creative Writing Class - Emerging Writers||FRI||3 pm to 5 pm|
|Hougang Pelikat||All Components Class||TUE||3.30 pm to 5.30 pm|
|Hougang Pelikat||All Components Class||THU||5.30 pm to 7.30 pm|
|Hougang Pelikat||Creative Writing Class - Emerging Writers||SUN||10 am to 12 pm|