There are a number of ways that the teachers at Thinking Factory help their Secondary English students on their journey to becoming good essay writers.
After learning how to analyse essay questions, Tr Rachael will now show you how to create vivid essays.
How to write good essays ?
In this video, our Secondary 2 teacher, Teacher Rachael will explain to students how they can make their stories come alive.
With the help of a model essay ‘A great disappointment’, Teacher Rachael will teach students the structure of a narrative plot and what are the features of a good narrative.
You may download the handout before watching the video.
If you would like more practice on narrative writing, come join us for our weekly lessons.
Check the other articles from this section
- Tackling the Situational Essay: Using persuasive speech techniques
- How to write a good Situational Essay: Analyse, Amplify and Apply the appropriate tone
- Narrative Writing: Tips and Tricks
- Taking the Leap from Primary to Secondary English with Confidence!
- Secondary English Paper 1 components: Diagnosing your strengths and weaknesses
- Lower secondary writing Series 1 – E05: Avoiding writing pitfalls
- Lower secondary Writing Series 1 – E04: Hybrid writing
- 3 tips for tackling the summary Question
- Lower secondary Writing Series 1 – E03: Expository writing
- Lower secondary Writing Series 1 – E02: Narrative writing practice
- Lower secondary Writing Series1 – E01: How to analyse essay questions
- Discursive essay: Writing a well-developed body Paragraph
- Secondary 1 English: An introduction on how to create interesting characters
- Secondary 2 English – Editing through clue-finding
- A Sneak Preview of the Secondary English Writing in the Sec 2 class
- Sec 2: 5 tips to help you write great English expository essays by Teacher Rachael
- Tackling the Situational Essay (Part 3): Making Your Feature Article an Engaging Read
- Post-Exam Reality Check in 3Rs
2023 Bukit Timah Branch Secondary English tuition timetable
|Level||Day||Start time||End time|
|S1||SAT||2.30 pm||4.30 pm|
|S2||SAT||4.30 pm||6.30 pm|
|S3||SAT||6.30 pm||8.30 pm|