Below are the vocabulary and editing words taken from the CA1 papers of the Top School Papers of 2017 for P6 students.
- adhered – believe in and follow the practices of.
- acceded – agree to a demand, request
- appeased – pacify or placate (someone) by acceding to their demands
- compiled – collect (information) in order to produce a list or book
- accommodating -provide lodging or sufficient space
- uncompromising – showing an unwillingness to make concessions to others, especially by changing one’s ways or opinions.
- enforced – compel observance of or compliance with (a law, rule, or obligation).
- ensured – make certain that (something) will occur or be the case
- endorsed – declare one’s public approval or support of.
- gaped – to gaze stupidly or in open mouthed surprise or wonder
- enticed – attract or tempt by offering pleasure or advantage.
- beguiled – charm or enchant (someone), often in a deceptive way
CHIJ St Nicholas
- doubtful – giving rise to uncertainty
- deceived – deliberately cause (someone) to believe something that is not true, especially for personal gain
- retain – continue to have (something); keep possession of
- renounce – refuse or resign a title or position
- hectic – busy
- strenuous – requiring or using great effort or exertion
- modest – not large, elaborate, or expensive
- wailed – make a prolonged high-pitched sound.
- taunted – provoke or challenge (someone) with insulting remarks.
- bellowed – emit a deep loud roar, typically in pain or anger.
- lamented – express passionate grief about something
- venture – a risky or daring journey or undertaking
- entitlement – the fact of having a right to something
- privilege – a special right, advantage, or immunity granted or available only to a particular person or group.
- adversary – one’s opponent in a contest, conflict, or dispute.
Check the other articles from this section
- Vocabulary List Preliminary Papers 2015
- 4 Steps to ace your Active and Passive questions in Synthesis & Transformation
- List of Editing Spelling words PSLE 2017-2020
- Primary 6 English Vocabulary and Editing List 2019
- P6 List of Vocabulary words taken from the Top School CA1 papers 2018
- 2017 Preliminary Top School Papers: Vocabulary & Editing
- P6 SA1 Editing List 2016 – Part 1
- Primary 6 CA1 Vocabulary List 2016 (Part 2)
- P6 CA1 Vocabulary List 2016 (Part 1)
- PSLE Editing world List CA1 Top School 2016 Papers
- P6 Top School SA1 Vocabulary List 2016
- P6 Top School SA1 Editing List 2015
- PSLE 2021 Editing Component – Three Ways to help your child succeed in this component
- P6 Editing Spelling CA1 2015
- Primary 6 Vocabulary List
- P6 Paper 2 Who vs Whom
- P6 Paper 2 Grammatical Rules
- Synthesis and Transformation – PSLE 2020
- P6 English Paper 2 components – Contractions in Question Tags and Synthesis & Transformation
- P6 English Paper 2: Phrasal Verbs & Commonly misspelled words
- Primary 6 English Comprehension Cloze Passage
2023 P6 English tuition timetable - wef November 2022
|Branch||Day||Start time||End time|
|Bukit Timah - FULL||TUE||3 pm||5 pm|
|Bukit Timah - FULL||TUE||5 pm||7 pm|
|Bukit Timah - FULL||THU||5 pm||7 pm|
|Bukit Timah||SAT||9 am||11 am|
|Bukit Timah||SAT||11 am||1 pm|
|Hougang Pelikat||FRI||3 pm||5 pm|
|Hougang Pelikat||FRI||5 pm||7 pm|
(online lessons only)
|FRI||5 pm||7 pm|